Other important requirements
Individual filling the application must fulfill the following requirements also. He must:
- Have met the requirement under the Canadian Income Tax Act to file taxes for 4 years that lies fully or partly within 6 years before filing of the application
- Intent to continue his employment with the Canadian armed forces, the public service of province or the federal public administration
- Have adequate knowledge of the official languages of Canada
- Be able to show enough knowledge about Canada’s history, government and the responsibilities of citizenship.
You must not:
- Have unfulfilled immigration requirements linked to your PR status
- Be subjected to any prohibition
- Be under a removal order by the Canadian officials
- Possible loss of Present Citizenship
You must be aware of the fact that upon becoming a Canadian citizen, you stand a chance to lose your present citizenship. If you have any doubt regarding this process, you can feel free to contact the embassy before applying for the Canadian citizenship.