In order to encourage mobility and exchanges of youth, to enhance excellence of post-secondary institutions and non-governmental organizations and to strengthen competitiveness of businesses, the Republic of Slovenia and Canada have established a Youth Mobility Program.
In terms of qualifications every country is different but a few fundamentals remain the same throughout the program. Depending on the country involved, you may need to:
- Carry out your expenses for travel, food and accommodation
- You will have to find your own job in the country that you plan to visit
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Must carry a valid passport
- Get a work permit from the country that you want to visit
- Prove that you have enough finances to support yourself, a return ticket, medical or any liability insurance
- Should have no criminal record
- Be a student or recent graduate
- Report your location to authorities
Point to note: The age of eligibility, length of the visa, and ability to renew the visa will vary from country to country.