Super Visa Canada
Do you want to bring your parents and/or grandparents to Canada for up to two tears? Super visa could be a good option for you.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- meet certain other conditions.
Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will look at these things when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- have an immigration medical exam.
Please note that dependents can not be included in this application.
Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2017
Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
|Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)|
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$24,949|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,723|