Family Sponsorship

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Sponsor Your Spouse, Partner or Dependent Children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

  • you’re at least 18 years old
  • you live in Canada
  • you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act

Sponsor Other Family Members or Relatives

You can also sponsor other family members or relatives:

  • Sponsor a dependent child; varies by country
  • Sponsor your parents and grandparents
  • Sponsor your relatives
  • Sponsor your adopted child
  • Sponsor an orphaned sibling

You may not be eligible to sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if you:

  • are in jail, prison, or penitentiary
  • didn’t pay back:
    • an immigration loan
    • a performance bond
    • court-ordered family support payments such as alimony or child support
  • didn’t give the financial support you agreed to when you signed a sponsorship agreement to sponsor someone else in the past
  • declared bankruptcy and are not discharged
  • receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • were convicted of a violent criminal offence, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence inside or outside Canada
  • can’t legally stay in Canada and must leave the country because you received a Removal Order

Processing Time:

  • Sponsor a spouse or partner: average processing time is 12 months.

Looking for More Information or to Get Started?

Reach out to one of our experts today.

Call Us
Google ReviewsBased on 736 Reviews