Secure Your Dream Job with a Canadian Work Permit
A Canadian work permit or a Work Visa is a document permitting overseas individuals to secure a job within Canada.
In most cases, you’ll need a work permit to fill a job position in Canada. However, you may visit the Government of Canada’s official website to learn about the exemptions.
Eligibility Criteria for a Canadian Work Permit
Regardless of which company you plan to work for, employees need to meet the following criteria:
- Are in good health and pass a medical exam upon request
- Ensure that you obey the law and have no criminal record
- Show that they have enough money to:
Take care of themselves
Take care of family members
To return home
- Plan to work for an employer who is not listed in ‘ineligible employers’
- Prove to an official that you’ll leave Canada as soon as your work permit expires
- Provide the office with the necessary documents to prove that you can enter the country
- You will not be a danger to Canada’s security system
How to Apply for a Work Permit?
The Government of Canada issues two work permits: an open work permit and an employer-specific work permit. Typically, you’re required to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of adequate financial resources and professional qualifications
- Proof of financials
What Happens After Applying?
If you’re allowed to work in Canada, you’ll receive an approval letter called the Port of Entry Letter of Introduction. Make sure you keep this letter with you when traveling to Canada.
Looking for More Information or to Get Started?
Reach out to one of our experts today.